Guy Labo-O-Kult – Bub-O-Feralis | Original Artwork
For the Greeks, the eagle owl was considered a bird of darkness. In fact, the Greeks personified him in the sinister son of Acheron and Orphne.
He was transformed by Demeter into an eagle owl after he has seen his daughter Persephone ate a pomegranate seed in the garden of Hades, the God of Darkness and Death.
Thus, in the representations of the infernal world this bird has its special place.
In latin poetry he was named feralis (funereal) and his binomial name is bubo bubo.
Information about the painting:
- Original Artwork by Guy Labo-O-Kult, created in January 2017
- Acrylic painting on canvas board
- Mounted on a hidden frame with fixing for hanging
- Size: 30 x 80 cm (11.81 x 31.49 inch)
- All original paintings are delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
- Free shipping for all orders above 900 CHF within Switzerland.
I am happy to answer your questions about this artwork by mail or by appointment in person in my atelier in Biel.